Maintaining your windows during the winter season is essential to keep your home or office comfortable and energy-efficient. At Canada’s Restoration Services, we understand the importance of proper window maintenance. Here are some tips to help you maintain your windows during the winter.
- Clean your windows regularly: Cleaning your windows regularly is essential to keep them in good condition during the winter. Use a soft cloth and a mild detergent to clean the windows. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or tools that can scratch the glass.
- Check for air leaks: Air leaks around windows can cause drafts and increase your heating bills. Check for air leaks by running a candle or lighter around the window frames. If the flame flickers, it means there is an air leak. Seal the leaks using weatherstripping or caulk.
- Inspect the window frames: Inspect the window frames for signs of damage, such as cracks or rotting wood. Replace or repair any damaged frames to prevent further damage to your windows.
- Check the weatherstripping: Weatherstripping around windows can wear out over time and cause air leaks. Check the weatherstripping and replace it if it is worn out or damaged.
- Install storm windows: Installing storm windows can provide an extra layer of insulation and protection during the winter. They can help to reduce heat loss and prevent drafts.
At Canada’s Restoration Services, we offer professional window maintenance services to keep your windows in top condition during the winter season. Our experts can help you identify and fix any issues with your windows to improve energy efficiency and comfort. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about our window maintenance services.